Respiras™ was inspired by the fundamental need to challenge the old-established ways of just “coping” with stress. Respiras™ gives you energy, focus, relaxation, and vitality without invasive procedures, restrictions, or side-effects. We rely on science and research to give you the ultimate experience in breathing education for daily living performance. Our proven system gives you communication, accountability, support, compassion, and most importantly results. Our vision is to educate, empower, and emancipate our clients with lifelong skills for inner potential.
Your ability to be calm, energized, focused, adaptive, easygoing, confident, decisive, creative, supportive, courageous, enthusiastic, adventurous, broad-minded, sociable, and loving depends greatly on the quality of your physiology and good breathing.
Unbalanced Breathing with Low CO2
BEFORE: disordered breathing with CO2 depletion.
Good Breathing with Normal CO2
AFTER: balanced breathing with CO2 balance.
Benefits of Breathing
- Concentrated focus
- Sleep quality
- Emotional regulation
- Stress adaptation
- Healing potential
Features of CO2 balance
- Improved oxygen delivery
- Increased blood circulation
- Improved electrolyte function
- Balanced pH (acid-base physiology)
- Ease in the nervous system
- Improved digestion
- Decreased physiological stress
- Decreased inflammation
Roberto De Guevara, OTR, MS is the founder of Respiras Breathing™, an organization recognized for its dedication to alternative breathing function and stress adaptation. Roberto is an occupational therapist, consultant, and trainer whose work is dedicated to uncovering the effects of disordered breathing patterns as they relate to chronic illnesses, pain syndromes, sleep disorders, and stress-related conditions. Roberto is an educator, strategist, researcher, scientist, and lecturer in the United States and Japan. He has also served as a consultant for the U.S. ARMY, training soldiers on respiratory efficiency for adaptation to combat-related stress. Roberto graduated with a bachelor's degree in occupational therapy from Dominguez Hills University in California. Roberto further earned his master's degree in Applied Breathing Sciences with a distinction award in 2014 from the Graduate School of Behavioral Health Sciences. Roberto's relentless commitment to the pursuit of excellence in respiratory problems, sleep disorders, and pain syndromes has allowed him to present at various national and international symposiums and conferences.
American Thoracic Society (ATS)
Internal Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
- Sikter A, De Guevara R. Probable etiology of arousal and anxiety on cellular level: is it the key to recovery from exaggerated anxiety?
- Sikter A, Rihmer Z. De Guevara R. New aspects in the pathomechanism of diseases of in civilization, particularly psychosomatic disorders: Part 1. Theoretical background.
- Sikter A, Rihmer Z. De Guevara R. New aspects in the pathomechanism of diseases of in civilization, particularly psychosomatic disorders: Part 2. Chronic hypocapnia and hypercapnia in the medical practice.
- De Guevara R, OTR MS, Miyoshi K, DDS, PhD, The Role of Science-Based Breathing Training In Dentofacial Development:Three Critical Concepts On How To Teach Breathing To Your Patients. 2017 6th Japan Association of Cranio-Orofacial Growth Guidance. Tokyo Medical and Dental University. 顎顔面口腔育成における科学的呼吸トレーニング呼吸訓練をする時に大切な３つのこと